Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Neighbors Pets

I have known my neighbors since I was knee high to a grasshopper, and well I consider them an extension of my family, and their pets an extension of my pets. So I wanted to share pictures of their critters with you all as well.


This is Ginger. She is my baby girl. She is a Greater Swiss Mountain and she's about 14 years old now, going blind, but ya know she still plays like a puppy. She loves her tug rope and she bounces and yaps at ya when she hears you or sees your silhouette coming. I absolutely love this girl and she is something special. She's also funny too because if you give her a rawhide bone, she will go around the house whining with it in her mouth looking for a place to hide it...but she's whining because she knows you can see her and where she's hiding it hehee

When she finally hides it, about 6 months later, you will see her eating it LOL

Look at this pitiful face, she knows how to turn it on, but don't they all?? This is Sam. He is a mess. His previous owners lived out in the country with coyotes, hawks and other wild animals and would leave him outside 24/7...and he only weighs about 6lb. Its surprising that something didn't run off with him. Well, my neighbors fell in love with him when they could come visit them when they were out in the country and well they talked to his owners and well he became theirs. He isnt your typical chihuahua...he loves everybody and will make you laugh at every turn. Oh and I forgot to mention THEY SPOIL HIM ROTTEN!!!!!!
I just love those looks he gets on his face....and it doesnt take much to get him to make them hehee
This is Rex. He is a Red Lored Amazon and he's a brat. And they will agree with me on that. He says a few things, mainly hello to himself. He can make you laugh too though. He will laugh at you when you hurt yourself. But his favorite thing to do....draw blood.
He's trying to look innocent in this pic...don't let that fool ya.
And this special looking man was Cody. He was a Golden Retriever. His daddy found him while out on his job when he was a puppy. And he found him on Cody Rd. (before they renamed it) so hence his name. He was a one of a kind boy. He is no longer with us and I miss him and still cry when I think about him. Heck, Im crying right now as I type this and look at his picture.

Cody loved everybody and he could cheer you up in a heartbeat if you weren't feeling well. He was my boy, I loved him to death. I miss you big man.

No comments:

Post a Comment