Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kittens Everywhere

Just an update on everybody. Hissy Britches (the black one who was previously known as Jetsam) is doing fine. I still can't pet her (yep I believe he is a she, but will find out for sure Monday). But she follows me around everywhere I go outside like she wants attention but is still afraid to get it. I did lay my hands on her yesterday for a second, and she found a way to get away from me, but I did touch her.
Rotten (the bl/wh one who was previously known as Flotsam) is living up to her new name...she is completely rotten. She keeps trying to sneak into the house when I go outside, but she doesnt stay long becuase the other cats end up hissing at her and scaring her back. Even Hissy has tried to come in a time or two. And she is still very much in love with Boomer (why I'll never know LOL).

And well, momma kitty has 2 new babies for sure. I havent seen them yet, but my next door neighbor says they are living at the house on the other side of him thats empty. I knew she had moved them over there not long after the day I saw her carrying one. And she comes every day to eat, so Im thinking that before long she will bring them here "for dinner" too. My neighbor says that one of them is very fat and is a total pig (momma killed a squirrel for them the other day) and the other one is tiny and thin. I may take some food over there for them in the next day or so.

Once momma has weened these babies I am going to see about getting her spayed so she can't throw out anymore babies. We don't need a whole colony of cats on the street here. There is a wonderful organization here in town that works with people with feral cats and I will give them a call and see if they will work with me on her.

Anyway, hoping to get some new pics of Hissy and Rotten soon, and if Im lucky some pics of the new babies to show you all, but thats whats going on for now.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope the organization will work with you on momma, good luck. Thanks for the update. Waiting for new pics. Sue

    ReplyDelete