Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Babies Are Growing Up

A few months ago these 2 tiny, skinny kittens showed up with their momma nearby. Momma kitty would come eat some food and once in a while you would see 2 black specks running behind following her. Then one day, she brought them here for me to feed as she was moving onto another litter she would soon have.
Here are 2 pictures I took of Rotten (formerly Flotsam) and Hissy Britches (formerly Jetsam) when they were still little and skinny and I was still trying to get them to let me pet them...even before Rotten was spoiled rotten. They were so tiny and cute.


And this picture, I took today on Nov. 23, 2010, the day after they were both spayed and had their shots. They were acting like nothing ever happened. Rotten is still rotten, loving all over me when I sat with her for a while, she even climbed up on my shoulder and was rubbing her cheek on my cheek, and Hissy is still hissing at everything, so all is well with the world. But my goodness, look how they have grown, they arent the little bitty babies anymore.

And here is Momma kitty. She has 2 new babies, I saw them this morning for the first time closer up. One is a tiny gray and white kitten, the other is a fat lump of a black and white kitten just like Rotten. But thanks to neighbors not leaving them alone, Momma keeps moving them around and Im so afraid something is going to happen to them. I just wish she would go ahead and bring them here to my house and be done with it. Once she weens these guys, I will be seeing about trapping her and getting her spayed so she can't pop out anymore since the neighbors don't deem it necessary to neuter their cats. Hopefully one day soon I will have pictures of the new kittens, but until then, this is the update for now.

1 comment: