Monday, July 25, 2011

Long Overdue Update

I haven't updated in a very long time with anything, and I need to quit doing that. But here goes....

Finally, after a year of trying....I caught momma kitty and got her spayed. So no more kittens thankfully. She is still taking care of these babies though even though she should be dried up of milk and should have weaned them. She has become a lot more calm too and is even being sweet and loving with her older children as well. It is absolutely adorable to see her with Lil Bit. They walk side by side, literally against each other with their faces touching, its the cutest thing I have ever seen and I want a picture so bad, but its hard to catch. I still have to get Lil Bit neutered, but after that all that is left are the little ones.

On a sad note... Rotten had developed an abscess on her neck and at first I just thought she was sick, as she was very very hot and slept for 12 hours straight without eating, drinking, or even getting up to see Boomer. So I took her to the vet and they found the abscess and doctored her up and she was so good with them being a feral kitty that only would let me touch her. I had to keep her in the house for a few days until it healed, but when it did she was asking to go out, and I would let her out for a while, then bring her back in and keep her in over night. Well one morning around 7am she was meowing at the door to go out and I let her out.....and I never saw her again. My heart is completely broken as she was the sweetest thing in the world and she was Boomer's cat, he looked around the yard for her in all of her favorite spots when he went out to potty for a long while. Eventually he quit looking for her. I am trying to believe that someone took her in, but you would think that they would see her shaved neck and know that someone else has been caring for her. I dont want to believe that she is dead, but how can I not.

Also, 2 of the little kittens have vanished as well. I don't know what has happened to them at all. Baby Bear, the gray one with no white on his face disappeared first, after momma kitty had taken the kittens away for a few days after I got her spayed, she only brought back 3 and he never came back with them. Then after a few weeks, Milk Dud, the black one with white on the mouth like he dipped his face in milk, disappeared and never came back. I dont know what happened to either one of them and I try not to think about it. There were 4 kittens in her first litter and 2 of them vanished as well, so I am just thinking that 4 were too much for her.

But i do know that caring for them all is too much for me and I am just glad that she is now spayed so i don't have to worry about anymore. It is too heart wrenching when one disappears. I am still hoping to find homes for them, but when they won't let anybody else pet them, and people want them already fixed, litter trained, and social and dont want to take the time to do anything with them theirselves, it makes it hard. But I keep hoping.

Baby MJ and Sweetheart (who has the shape of a heart on her side) are coming along just fine. MJ is a snuggle bug like crazy and very sweet, and Im slowly making progress with Sweetheart. Will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment