Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kitten Update

Well, it seems that Momma kitty is trying to ween these little guys. Last night I went outside and the gray blob was here by himself, chowing down on food. About 10 minutes later Momma showed up without the other kitten. I had no idea where he was.
This morning, both kittens were here without Momma, but she showed up to eat, and now the black one is gone again and the gray one is snuggled into the dog house with the comforter in it looking so darn cute. I want to snuggle him so bad.
This fat little fuzz ball had me laughing so hard last night though. Rotten and Hissy were basically stalking him and well he had enough hehee He ran up on Hissy full force, then stopped dead in front of his face and bowed his little back up with all his hair straight up as if he was a huge big lion. It was the funniest thing I think I've seen them do.
On a bad note though, they seem to like the wheel wells of my car. So from now on when I go somewhere I have to pound all over my car to make sure they aren't in it anywhere. It would utterly kill me if something happened to one of them because of that. I never had to worry about it with Rotten and Hissy, it was like they knew, but these little ones are oblivious.



As for Momma, since she seems to be weening these little ones, I am going to get in touch with the organization that deals with feral cats and see if they will help me get her spayed before she pops out any other babies. There have been 2 males down here chasing after her (one of them was HUMONGOUS) and Im afraid she is already pregnant, so even if she is, I will ask them to abort the kittens and just not tell me. I don't think it would be humane of me to let her have yet another litter, because she is so tiny herself and I just can't afford to care for yet another litter. I know some won't agree with that, but its the best I can do with my resources and what I can do.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% on spaying her. Her health must come first.
    This one is so cute, I want her......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. TXbirdwatcher said that about wanting her lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are more than welcome to come get him/her. I have 4 to choose from LOL

    ReplyDelete